KNIT BACKING UPHOLSTERY FABRICS
The purpose of Knit backing of upholstery fabrics involves permanently bonding a knitted poly/cotton fabric backing to the back of fabrics in order to add resiliency and durability while eliminating seam slippage.
OUR PROPRIETARY KNIT BACKING UPHOLSTERY FABRIC PROCESS
KnitBac™ is our Performance Process of knit backing for upholstery fabric. A knitted poly/cotton fabric backing is laminated (or bonded) to the back of your fabric to make the fabric backed product more durable, resilient, and stronger.
By applying the knit backing upholstery process to fabric, it can add longer life to the fabrics and increase the wear while keeping a soft hand.
Upholstery fabrics that can benefit from knit backing including cottons, silks, polyesters, chenilles, and other types of fabrics so check with us to see if our Knit backing upholstery fabrics process works with what you have in mind. Because chances are — it does!
Our knit backing upholstery fabric process makes these lightweight fabrics such as silks, cottons, and chenilles more suitable for upholstery use. Knit backing provides a luxurious feel to fabrics while increasing wear resistance for longer life. In addition, variations in the fabric such as creases, wrinkles, and distortions are minimized by our knit backing upholstery fabric process thereby enhancing the fabric’s visual appeal.
FEATURES OF THE KNIT BACKING UPHOLSTERY FABRIC PROCESS:
- Add strength, extra weight and stability for upholstery applications
- Superior protection against wear-and-tear
- Soft hand
- Retains the original quality of your material
- Processed materials can be safely dry cleaned
COMMON USES FOR THE KNIT BACKING UPHOLSTERY FABRIC PROCESS
- Upholstered walls
KNIT BACKING UPHOLSTERY FABRIC PROCESS GUIDELINES FOR USE/PROCESSING
- For ultra light weight or sheer materials, we recommend FabricBac™
- Processing time is approximately 7 – 10 days from in-work date to packing date.
- Poly/cotton tubular knit specifications
- Width: 62”
- Weight: 1.75 oz/yd2
Process Terms and Conditions
- Work loss: you must include with your order one additional yard for each continuous piece of material supplied.
- Fabric should be forwarded rolled on a tube with the face side of the fabric clearly marked. Incoming fabric that is wrinkled or not rolled on a tube will be subject to wrinkle removal charges.