Non-woven backing for fabric is a commercial, breathable material laminated to the back of your fabric to be used for wallcovering. This backing adds body, strength and stability to your fabric making installation easier.
NonWovenBac™ is our Performance Process of backing a fabric with a hospitality grade, strippable, nonwoven that turns almost any fabric into a custom wallpaper or wallcovering. Nonwoven backing adds substance and body, as well as, a protective moisture barrier between the fabric and the wall. NonwovenBac™ protects the fabric so the installation adhesive does not seep into the fabric. NonWoven fabric backing is ideal for concealing blemishes on wall surfaces. NonWoven fabric backing also acts as an acoustical aide by dampening sound. NonWoven backed fabric also provides additional wall insulating properties to help reduce energy costs associated with heating and cooling.
- Create elegant fabric wallcoverings from virtually any fabric or material, including fabrics processed with Vinylizing or VinylTex™.
- Coordinate upholstery, window treatments, pillows and many other accessories to your fabric wallcoverings.
- Adds substance and body to fabric making installation easier and quicker
- No adhesive bleed through during installation allowing for professional quality seams
- Extra thickness aids in concealing blemishes in wall surfaces
- Serve as insulators and acoustical aids
- Maintain original color, texture and quality of your material
Guidelines for Use/Processing
- Processing time is approximately 2-3 weeks from in-work date to packing date.
- Width: 54”
- Basis weight: 3.7 oz/yd2
- Thickness: .013”
- Brightness: 84%
- Opacity: 79%
- Tensile strength:
- MD: 5500 (Nm-1)
- CD: 3700 ( Nm-1)
- Flammability Specs: NFPA Class A
Process Terms and Conditions
- Work loss: you must include with your order one additional yard for each continuous piece of material supplied.
- Fabric should be forwarded rolled on a tube with the face side of the fabric clearly marked. Incoming fabric that is wrinkled or not rolled on a tube will be subject to wrinkle removal charges.